The BioMedVic Early Career Clinician Researcher (ECCR) Award recognises and supports clinicians that have demonstrated their commitment to careers as clinician-scientists.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ECCR award is presented annually in recognition of a researcher’s achievement in one of the following categories:
- Allied Health
- Applicants must be within 5 years of their PhD (not including any career disruption)
- Applicants currently completing their PhD are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be undertaking a research project at one of BioMedVic’s member organisations
All documents should be in .pdf format and must include:
- A 1-page cover letter describing your research, your future research career aspirations and what benefit you expect to obtain from receiving this award
- A 1-page letter of support from your supervisor
- A short CV (maximum of 4 pages), in 12 point font, including qualifications, publications and presentations
- Evidence of enrolment/completion of PhD and evidence of career disruption (if applicable)
Conditions of Award
- Applications will be peer-reviewed. This award is merit-based and we reserve the right not to award the funds in this round if there are no qualifying applicants of suitable calibre.
- The awardee will receive a prize to contribute to attendance at a relevant conference/meeting within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Awardee must submit a 1 page (400-500 word) report outlining the benefits of attending the conference to their research and their career aspirations. Inclusion of photographs in the report is encouraged. Reports must be submitted with 2 months of conference attendance.
Where to find more information
For further information please contact the VCRN Coordinator Nuria Saladie on +61 3 9035 7965.