The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) grants have been announced for 2018. Of the $526 million awarded, Victoria has secured $347 million (47%), cementing its position as the leading state for medical research in Australia.
Beyond that, two BioMedVic members were the top-ranking institutions nationally, with Monash University securing grants to the value of $103.6M and the University of Melbourne winning $103.3M worth of grant funding.
Outstanding results run even deeper across Victoria’s remarkable health research community, with NHMRC success for:
- Deakin University ($14.4 million)
- RMIT University ($4.6 million)
- St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research ($4.1 million)
- Swinburne University ($3.4 million)
- Melbourne Health ($624.882)
BioMedVic warmly congratulates all recipients of this latest round of NHMRC grants.
You can find more information here.