Speakers will be grouped by general subject areas according to our best knowledge of what you are working on.
All oral presentations should follow the general format of:
- Introduction or Background;
- Results (if any);
- Conclusions or Future Directions.
Instructions for preparing presentations are as follows:
- The time allowed for presentations is a total of 10 minutes each: 5 min for talking and 5 min for questions.
- Slides should be limited to 5 only in addition to a title slide.
- Prepare your presentation using PowerPoint. We request that your slides be e-mailed to us at least two days in advance so it can be loaded up for presentation.
- Remember most of your audience will have only a general understanding of the area, so don’t get too bogged down in detail.
- If your work is in preparation, it is fine to talk about what you are aiming to achieve.
- Ask your supervisors for assistance in preparation and have a run-through with them before the day.