Biomedical Research Victoria (BioMedVic) is an internationally recognised “bio-cluster” that fosters world-class biomedical research and advocates for a coordinated government strategy for investment in research and for capturing the clinical and economic benefits of health and biomedical innovation.
Victoria’s researchers are tackling the big questions that will affect us all in the coming years – obesity, Alzheimer’s, cancer – and are aspiring to create better tests and treatments to give us longer, healthier lives.
Through its activities and specialist forums, BioMedVic will develop a shared vision to enhance collaboration and build networks to enable Victoria’s researchers to work together more effectively, and also with government, to create new knowledge, treatment and products.
Biomedical Research Victoria adds value to its Members and the biomedical sector by:
- Working effectively with governments to establish priorities for investment and to inform policy development
- Advising on research strategy and securing funding opportunities (Scientific Advisory Council)
- Advancing clinical research and its translation to the benefit of patients and to improve health care services (Hospital Research Directors Forum & Victorian Clinician Researcher Network)
- Inspiring biomedical career paths for students (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program)
- Driving networks for shared use of sophisticated research equipment and other infrastructure (Victorian Platform Technologies Network)
- Supporting commercialisation (Business Development Forum)
- Creating a critical mass in Victoria that’s capable of competing effectively with the emerging life sciences centres in the region